Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Custom Guest Book

I loved creating this one! My client, Candyce asked for a custom wedding guest sign in book for her upcoming wedding. She loved another book I had in my Etsy Shop, in which I burned a key and some ivy on the cover. This first book below was the muse. 




She wanted the burned design with the robin's egg blue lambskin leather. I had always had difficulties with the leather shrinking when burning in the lambskin. I found that it could be done though if the leather was glued down to the board. Candyce gave me full freedom on the design of the cover with just the key and ivy request. She let me know their initials and the date they would be married. With that information I created her guestbook. She's received the book and let me know that she loves it. I wish her all the best!




1 comment:

  1. They're getting married the same day as my parents. That has worked out wonderfully for them, so I wish the same on C&L.

    Nice workaround in gluing down the leather.

    ReplyDelete